Thursday, May 6, 2010

Artist: Holly Manneck


Holly Manneck | What Makes That Which is Old New 5
Mixed Media (Acrylic/Photography), 24"x24"x1.5" - $780

Holly Manneck | What Makes That Which is Old New 4
Mixed Media (Acrylic/Photography), 24"x24"x1.5" - $780


Holly Manneck | What Makes That Which is Old New 3
Mixed Media (Acrylic/Photography), 24"x24"x1.5" - $780

Visit her website: www.manneckart.com

My art technique is contemporary 2-D mixed media painting. I use paint, photography, technology and any other materials that work for me. My technique is very painterly, where color and space are important. The layering in my work is a strong element as in life remains of the past always show through giving us a glimpse of what was. My paintings are a process not planned rather informed by my life experiences and my love for exploration and learning. My subject matters are a reflection of my ideas, thoughts and interests, from historical perspectives to contemporary views. They often are a metaphor for life, with all its imperfections, irony, and humor I most often work in a series to explore these ideas. I use images from the past and present as icons to help create a visual language. I have traveled much of the world, lived in many different countries, speak different languages studied these cultures and learned. I hold a BS from the University of Vermont and returned to school to study fine art and graphic design. These have helped shape my unique perspective and enriched my sense of creativity. These experiences have taught me that from early civilization to today and throughout the world we are not so different. We share a common humanity which forever binds us this is what keeps me painting.