Thursday, May 6, 2010

Artist: Kathy Speight Kraynak



Kathy Speight Kraynak | Springtime Birches
Watercolor, 16"x20"(image) - $450

Kathy Speight Kraynak | Autumn Birches
Watercolor, 16"x20" (image) - $450 SOLD

Kathy Speight Kraynak | View from Eagle Mountain House
Watercolor, 8"x10" (image) - $450

Artist Statement: As an artist and a lover of the outdoors, I tend to focus on landscapes when I paint. Although I work in watercolor, I use a very dry brush technique to achieve bold colors and tight lines. For years I painted very realistic, illustrative scenes. Currently, I enjoy more extreme, bold colors and a more "interpretive" style. My work is often influenced by my favorite places I've visited in my travels with my husband. Now that we live here, Jackson provides great inspiration for paintings that exaggerate the beauty of nature.
I have been drawing and painting for over 35 years. I have a BFA degree from Boston University.